Sterculaceae::Theobroma cacao (Chocolate)Euphoria or Affection quickly turning to irratation. Doesnt want any disturbance. Wants to get away, "I felt restricted, like being outside, roaming, free."
Then there is a sense of being alone in the world. Irritability and Aversion (cf. Abroma & Kola) becomes deep separation. Cured symptoms: "A desire to be in contact with the earth". "The separation I have always felt is gone, I feel a part of what's around". "The fear is gone".
- Euphoria. Excitement (Joyous, Nervous). Wildness
- Affectionate vs. Aversion (husband, children, company)
- Irritability: Trifles. Towards children. When disturbed
- Delusions/Feelings: Forsaken, Estranged, Alone or Separated.
Miasm: Shows Acute and Typhoid aspects.
Tilaceae::Tilia (Lime)The state results from the loss of connection to a loved one, social life or even occupation. There is loneliness and much sadness. It can go very deep, especially if there is berevement.
- Despair. Sad. Melancholy, disposed to weep
- Ailments from disappointed love. Love sick.
- Dread of society. Fear of company. Indifference.
- Pleasure. Laughing, (cured Sx?).
- Irritable. Censorious. Anger from contradiction
- Fear of narrow spaces or entering a room. Being in the House agg.
- Dreams of danger, fire, flood, black water.
Case: Px had cosmetic surgery which did not please. She became sad and withdrawn. On taking Tilia 1M she found a connection to a suppresed part of herself - an extreemly angry subconsious part which was blaming her for having the procedure and ruining her social life.
She was able to connect with, love, and accept the accusing voice and integrate it back into her life. All the other Tilia Sx listed showed some improvement. The problem still exists, but she is no longer tearing (Carc!?) herself apart.
For me this highlights the benefits of struggling to gain a deep understanding of the plant families... not just on the level of sensation, but on the level of meaning.
Comparative Extraction: Sterculaceae [choc, kola, abrom] vs. Tilaceae [tilia]Consider how the themes of fragmentation or losing or achieving connection pervade the affect (mood) of these remedies.
- Company (aversion) - choc kola til
- Quarrelsome - choc kola til
- Despair - choc kola til
- Sadness - chol kola abrom til
- Weeping - choc kola til
- Thoughtful - kola til
- Indifference - choc kola abrom til
- Excitement - choc kola abrom
- Laughing - choc kola abrom til
- Irritability - choc kola abrom til
- Dread - choc kola til