Dr. Scholten describes Stage 8 as "The Struggle". It the kind of situation that occurs when the project is already well under way.
It's nearing completion. You already have the planning permission, the techniques, the experience and the structure. You just have have to overcome the inertia of any remaining challenges - and you need to exert a lot of power to keep to your deadlines. The alternative is to keep refining and adding bits to please others - it'll never be finished ... stuck in Stage 8!
Each series (row) of the Periodic Table has its own sphere of expression. The sphere of the Ferrum Series is at work, the Silver Series is in creativity, the Lanthanide Series is in inner power the Gold Series is in outer power and the Uranium Series is in intuition and wisdom.
- The Stage 8 remedy of the Ferrum Series is Ferrum. All the Ferrums want to protect themselves but they are usually obliged to put up with "the rules of the game", so their own feelings get suppressed, and they can feel guilty if their performance is sub-standard.
In Ferrum the feeling is that someone is out to take their place. This means they have to struggle to protect their rights. The result is that they can't tolerate intrusion or contradiction, the pressure is on, so they compensate by becoming very stubborn, hard and resolute. They want to overcome any interference.
- The Stage 8 remedy of the Silver Series is Ruthenium. In this series the focus is on performance and perfection. They are creatively inspired and want to be special.
In Ruthenium the struggle is to force their creativity to the fore. Their creation has to be accepted. They are enthusiastic and proud of their work and are annoyed by interference. Opposition is experienced as an extra pressure.
- The Stage 8 remedy of the Lanthanides is Samarium. The focus of the Lanthanides is on self-control and inner strength. Their efforts are directed toward achieving strength of mind.
In Samarium the struggle is to prove their autonomy. They use their inspiration and inner power to create a new model of Spiritual Freedom. Its not perfect yet so they work on their own to consolidate their approach - the experts and the critics seem to be way behind them. They want neither help nor interference.
- The Stage 8 remedy of the Gold Series is Osmium. The focus of the Gold Series is responsibility. They use their power to rule - for better or for worse.
In Osmium the struggle is to consolidate their leadership. They are resolute and can be relentless. Their strategy is the only way forward and opposition has to be completely crushed for the benefit of all.
- The Stage 8 remedy of the Uranium Series is Plutonium. The focus of this series is on intention and intuition. In Plutonium the challenge must be to perfect their accomplishments and powers. The opposition must be within - distraction ... the tendency of the mind to wonder off on irrelevant matters.
Reflection: The "struggle and pressure" of Stage 8 sound a bit like Carcinosin, or at least the beginnings of the Cancer Miasm:
Dr. Sankaran, "Stretching over the limit to keep things in control".
Biblio: The Minerals, Elements and Lanthandies books by Dr. Scholten.
Stage 8 is represented is the homeopathic literature by the Myth of Sysiphus.
A Buddhist teacher defined stress as "the gap between what we want and what we actually get".
The more we grasp on to what we want, the more we expect the world to be the way we would like it to be, the bigger and heavier the boulder grows.
The moment we let go and accept the world as imperfect the delusion of the heavy boulder and the steep slope vanishes into emptiness.
There is no real happiness in Samsara. Happiness comes from a peaceful mind.