Kent: on Medorrhinum:
"Everything seems unreal. Constant hurry. Forgets facts and figures. Wild desperate feeling as if incipient insanity. Exhilaration in evening. Changeable state of mind; one moment sad, the next mirthful. Presentiment of death. Frightened sensation on waking as if something dreadful had happened. Hears whispering. FEAR OF THE DARK. Anxiety about her salvation."
[C7 WISDOM] [SELF-KNOWLEDGE] [DEMON:ATTATCHMENT]
- Ailments from anticipation, forboding.
- Ailments from work, mental. Concentration difficult.
- Delusions religious. Anxiety salvation about. Clairvoyance.
- Hurry. Delusions time passes too slowly.
- Despair. Suicidal sadness from. Delusions doomed, being. Death presentiment of.
- Delusions: persued; people behind him someone is.
- Ailments from reproaches. Contradiction is intolerant of. Sensitive (oversensitive).
- Forgetful, name, his own. Forgetful, words while speaking, of, word hunting.
- Sadness suicidal disposition with.
- Anxiety conscience (as if guilty of a crime). Remorse. Reproaches himself.
- Confusion identity as to his. Confidence want of self.
- Egotism, self-esteem.
- Cares (worries full of). Biting nails. Conscientious about trifles.
- Fear, (apprehension, dread). FEAR, MISFORTUNE, OF.
[C1 SURVIVAL ISSUES] [SELF-PRESERVATION] [DEMON:FEAR]
- Ailments from bad news.
- Anxiety, anticipation; time is set if a.
- Fear, dark, of. Fear, death, of.
From an idea by Anodea Judith.
The Sycotic remedies seem to cluster around Stages 9-12. Med is very concerned about maintaining and holding on to his situation (and ego) which is a big indicator for Stage 11. In Stage 12 the situation worsens, you get more of a feeling of being under attack and try to compensate by boasting and exaggerating. The feeling of having to keep up appearances can be a causal factor of Stage 13, the cancer miasm .